Wednesday, February 12, 2014

1/6th scale Display Dioramma: "Earth 2154"


I was out jogging one day, and came across this funny round thing on the side of the road. It was snapped open on one side, and dirt was encrusted around the edges. I had no idea what the hell it was, but it looked interesting. So I picked it up and carried it home. As you do. lol

It had some numbers and letters embossed into the side and I looked it up. Turned out to just be a chain guard off a push bike. Awesome.


I had an idea that with a little work, it would make a nice "border" for a display base diorama I had planned to create.


I repaired the broken edge and cut out a couple of circles out cardboard to sit over the top, forming a neat little base!!

The rest of the diorama is a mix of PVA glue, dirt, sand rock, plaster, Styrofoam, aquarium mesh, acryllic [paint] and chalk dust! Awesome!









No comments:

Post a Comment