Saturday, February 8, 2014

1/6 Custom Figure: Kruger ("ELYSIUM")







I would like to share with you , my custom Kruger (Sharlto Copley, District 9), the main antagonist of Neill Blomkamp's "Elysium". Nice to see a villain with no sob story these days. Just a flat out psychopath who would choose a katana over all the awesome futuristic guns available lol.








This is one I have wanted to make for a while, but took my time getting on with because I wanted to plan out every step, resource, and method to getting it right! (The only part I skipped was the metal exosuit plates attached to his shoes/shins. My attempts were looking a little...tacky.)



The vest was made from scratch using thin foam, lots of glue, and random pieces of plastic and wiring I scavenged out of an old printer, a telephone, and monitor. (I love Hard Rubbish collection day!)



The most difficult part would have been the back, particularly making a functional sword holder that would be strong enough to hold the sword, which is actually quite heavy  (cast in stainless steel) yet still remain screen accurate.



 The forearm panels were from a Hot Toys "Predators Noland". They were perfect once painted black and detailed!


I feel the photography is a little "meh" for this figure compared to some of the others I have done. Some day I will revisit it and hopefully present it in a lot better light and background.








No comments:

Post a Comment